Fasting has been anchored in history for thousands of years and is an age-old tradition. It is a component of human nature and culture and plays an important role in all world religions. Fasting also played an important role in ancient times. Hippocrates advised fasting as a therapeutic agent around 2500 years ago.
Buchinger/Lützner fasting method is a voluntary and conscious renunciation of solid food, alcohol, soft drinks and tobacco for a certain period of time in order to relieve and detoxify the body. It is a body cleansing from the inside and therefore means much more than “not eating”.
Fasting is more important than ever, as people are becoming more and more aware of the health consequences of an oversupply of food in a consumer-oriented, affluent society. As Dr.med.Hellmut Lützner says: "A fasting-for-healthy program should help us to cope with this time and to deal sensibly with the excessive consumption."
The German Medical Association for Therapeutic Fasting and Nutrition (ÄGHE) defines the term "fasting for healthy people" as follows:
“Anyone who feels good, is fully functional and does not need any medication is healthy. He /she must be mentally and spiritually stable and capable of making decisions.
The term “fasting for healthy people” describes:
- A short-term fast,
- Fasting with absolute personal responsibility,
- Fasting for detox and health promotion,
- Fasting as a form of adult education.
Important points to note about Buchinger Fasting Method:
- Fasting is a millennia-old tradition.
- Fasting is natural in animals. Depending on the availability of food and the season, many animals are forced to live from their body's own fat stores for a certain period of time.
- Fasting - living on the body's own reserves for a while - is natural for humans.
- 30% of the body's energy is used to digest the food we eat.
- Fasting: putting all your energy into the recovery process.
- Fasting is a completely natural form of human and animal life, with the necessary nutrition from “inside”, i.e. from the body's own reserves or fat deposits.
How does Buchinger Fasting work?
- Fasting always affects the whole person: his body, his soul and his spirit.
- It cleanses and regenerates the organism,
- Activates the self-healing powers or the "inner doctor",
- Brings clarity and order in the body functions.
- Is a move towards a healthier diet and an optimized lifestyle.
- Lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Relief of the stomach and intestines
- Weight loss through fat loss
- Drainage and desalination
- Improvement of the immune system
- Detoxification of pollutants
- Purification of end products of normal metabolism
- Relief of rheumatic complaints
- Feeling of lightness.
- Reflecting on your own needs
- Strengthening creativity
- Clarity in thinking
- The adventure of new self-awareness and self-knowledge
- Resolution of tensions
- Confidence in your own body
Indications of Buchinger Fasting for healthy people
- Prevention: Maintaining physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Reduction of risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure, increased blood values and uric acid, increased blood sugar, increased cholesterol, etc.
- Impulse to correct diet and lifestyle.
- Fasting can help reverse the aging process
Indications of therapeutic fasting
- Nutritional and metabolic diseases (e.g. obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia)
- Diseases of:
- Cardiovascular system (e.g. hypertension, circulatory disorders)
- Muscles, connective tissue, skeleton (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, spinal diseases, back pain, cervical spine syndrome)
- Nerves and psyche (e.g. migraines, psycho-vegetative exhaustion)
- Gastrointestinal System (e.g. chronic, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic constipation, fatty liver)
- Lungs and airways (e.g. chronic bronchitis, hay fever)
- Skin (e.g. neurodermatitis, acne)
Therapeutic fasting as a therapeutic measure may only be carried out under medical supervision. NaturMed Bad Endbach offers fasting for healthy people. NaturMed Kusadasi (www.natur-med.com.tr/de) offers fasting for healthy people as well as therapeutic fasting under medical supervision.